Wednesday, August 18, 2010

7 more days of summer

School starts exactly a week from today.

1:50 p.m. My Classroom:

So, guess where I am. That's right...in my classroom. I have been here all day and I would like to say that I have gotten a lot of work done and this break is much needed. I have been working on IEPs (individualized education plans - if you don't know what that is, don't worry. It's just for us lucky special ed teachers and they keep us busy and often frustrated) for the last five hours. I know, I was never able to study anything for five hours straight!

My classroom is bright and happy with lots of potential. It's pretty big. The walls are colorful thanks to the previous teacher. All of the class decorating, setting up, paper work, rules, plans, etc...have to be my least favorite part about teaching. Just so that I didn't end up not liking my day, one of my students came in to meet me. She's darling and my heart instantly lit up. This is why I teach. I teach for them. I teach because they make the boring stuff way more than worth it.

Ok, break over. I have work to do.

** It is now 5:00. I have made it home, alive. I am exhausted. AND T'Jae just got here! Yay for best cousins :)

Oh and last night I went to the Dave Matthews Concert. He is amazing live. I only wish he had played more songs that I knew. Still, a super great night!



No comments: