Sunday, August 15, 2010

All kinds of weather, we stick together....


The same in the rain and sun.



Happy Birthday Kelsey! My baby sister turned 20 today.

I am so proud of my Kelsey welsey. She has always been my best friend. She is almost more protective of me than I am of her, almost. She sticks up for me, always. Back in March, I said this about her: "She is very protective of me and my heart (I think I love that most about her...she'd beat anyone up for me!)" So watch out any potential interests...she is the one you need to worry about impressing.

Kelsey is amazing with the students I work with. I love watching her come in and play with them. I don't have to worry about any uncomfortable situation that might come up. Unless someone is sick (throwing up mostly - she does not to do well with that AT ALL), then she can handle most anything. She remembers their names. She talks to me about them. She doesn't treat them different or act like she doesn't know what to do. She loves them. She is not afraid to tell them that spitting isn't something we can do in class. She lets them hang onto her as we walk out to recess. For any of those who don't know, seeing that interaction makes my heart melt. It shows the true goodness of a person and Kelsey is full of it...FULL of goodness.

She woke up super early (a huge feat for Kels) to take me to have my back surgery and sat there with me the whole time. She held my hand while I was getting my IV put in. She remembered all the hilarious things I said so she could black mail me.

My favorite road trips are just the two of us. I think we have only done it once, maybe twice, but it was so much fun. We danced. We sang. We took pictures. We loved being alone together.

We did everything together as little girls. She followed me - I couldn't get rid of her even if I wanted to. Sometimes I still wish it was that way, but I guess that is part of growing up. She is everything to me. She is beautiful. She is fun. She dances. She lets me embarrass her. She is hilarious. She can't tell stories without forgetting what she was saying. She has a laugh that is more contagious than any other laugh. She loves more than most. She will give to anyone. She is an example to me - more than she will ever understand.

Te amo muchisimo.

No comments: