Saturday, May 15, 2010

sunshine!

Baseball time! Which means...SUN! Our boys baseball team had their last 3 game homestand this weekend and of course we had to be there.

It has been a beautiful weekend in Provo. We went to BYU baseball games Friday evening and Saturday afternoon! So much fun. We played SDSU, I know, my favorites...we swept them good in all three games! Friday there were tons of crazy hits and one of them got the SDSU pitcher really good in the head. That was really scary...Oh and some kid decided to run across the field. That was pretty wild.

On Saturday there was a mother and son who came and sat behind us. They were both blonde and light eyed...and then they started speaking Spanish. I started listening to them talk and I heard some castellano. I just had to ask and guess what?! They were from Argentina, and not just anywhere in Argentina, but from Mar del Plata! She knows my family. What a wonderfully beautiful small world.

Right now, I would like to say how lucky I am to have such great friends. I have probably the greatest student ward ever. I have been there for 2 years now and I love it still. Over the last few weeks (ever since I moved to Draper, of course) I have made a lot of really fabulous friends. I have also been spending more time with old friends and roommates and I have been blessed to live with some really wonderful girls. The best thing is that these friends always doing something - which means I always have something to do (even if it's just working on my mario kart skills). Summer brings out the adventure in everyone and I just want to soak it all up.

Then we had a ward activity Saturday afternoon and I learned how to tackle! That's right, I was taught how to tackle by a man who knows his football. Head up, legs bent, back straight, arms back and as you charge, push them forward, just keep running, and take them down. I guess it really only makes sense with demonstration - maybe, someday, I will record it and show you my skill.

No comments: