Tuesday, May 18, 2010

my wonderful aunt

Today is my aunt's birthday!

Michelle is my second mom. She is a huge part of my life. Michelle has been with me through all the stages of Tati, both pleasant and not so pleasant. She came with me to buy my first bra. She talked me into shaving my legs for the first time. MAJOR point in a young girl's life! Every summer, when I would head to Provo for EFY, I would always spend a weekend with Michelle - going to Lagoon and eating at P.F. Chang's.

Then I went to BYU and Michelle lived in Provo. We saw movies and ate sushi at least once a week. She let me borrow her car and wash laundry at her house. Until she moved to Draper and I would see her probably twice a month. Those two years were hard, especially once Kelsey moved in with Michelle and got to have all the fun with her!

During my freshman year at BYU, she took me to Argentina and Chile - a trip I will never forget. I was reunited with family that I either hadn't seen for over 10 years or had never even met before. I experienced a life that I had only dreamed about.

Now I live in Draper with her! Living with her has taught me so much, and it hasn't even been a month yet. Michelle is the most generous, selfless person I know. She is always giving, always serving, and always helping family and friends. She always encouraged me in my dreams and she still does. I love her.

No comments: