Monday, March 1, 2010

service - love - charity

Sunday was all about charity. Every meeting was built around loving others, loving God, and loving ourselves. It was perfect.

We have started a new goal with one of my students and it requires a lot of hands on, hard work from me and my techs. The one who helped me try and accomplish this goal with my student today warned me ahead of time that she was not happy about doing it and I totally understand where she is coming from. It is not an easy task but it is one that will ultimately be used through this specific student's entire life. After we finished, she (my tech) sat down with him and rubbed lotion into his dry skin. I could see the deep love that she had for him instantly. She had to humble herself to do this act of service, and it was not an easy one, but after we finished it, her attitude towards it quickly changed and was replaced by charity. I have no doubt that selfless service is the ultimate form of love and the quickest way to develop Christlike love for someone.

Also - I LOVE all of my students. I couldn't stop thinking it today. It wasn't even an easy day, but it was a good Monday. At the end of the day, a mom called and told me about an appointment she was taking her child to the next day. She mentioned that he was one of only 14 with this specific condition so they want to track his development. Amazing! I have such a great opportunity to work with these so unique children who are living miracles. I sure have the coolest job.

No comments: