Saturday, March 6, 2010

inspiration


There are two girls that I would like to thank for helping me decide the path of special education. Their names are Sonia and Cerae and I love them. They are twins and I worked with them in high school. We still talk and they are both now out working and learning to become independent, just like me. They love that I want to teach special education and are some of my biggest supporters.

Sonia has been in a wheelchair her entire life. She called me last night to tell me about the surgery she had a few months ago. Because of it, she is now able to walk with some help. I definitely teared up when she told me this. I never imagined this being why she called and I have never been so happy for her. I cannot wait to help her walk.

The little things that we take for granted are miracles that we forget to recognize.

2 comments:

Jess said...

Congrats! That's so Rad on your graduation! And your doing an amazing thing! your awesome!

thorkgal said...

Wow. Nice props for some nice girls.