Sunday, March 21, 2010

just my luck

I picked up my car on Friday and it felt brand new! I loved driving it and it actually had some umph due to something he tightened. I guess my distributor went out - he fixed that too.

I didn't drive it at all on Friday and maybe a total of half an hour throughout the day yesterday. Last night after BYU lost in the tournament, Mel and I decided to go watch our boys volleyball team beat USC. We got to the volleyball game right as everyone was leaving. We walked in anyway to visit with a friend and to find out that we won in 3 sets. Last year, I was USC's locker kind of girl when they came for the NCAA Tournament and I might have fallen in love with one of their coaches, so, naturally, I have a soft spot for that little team.

But here is when my luck comes in. Mel and I are leaving, I pull out of my spot and...

My car is driving lopsided and it feels like I am on University. Definitely have a flat tire. Completely FLAT. We change it to my little spare (with the help of a few strangers). I slowly drive it the two blocks home and right as I am crossing the street, I can feel my spare has gone flat. I have to call SHANE HILL to come and help us push it to a spot. I am now parked facing traffic, but what can I do? I also have to get my tire fixed today so I can get to work tomorrow.

As much as I love my little car, he is sure giving me a hard time this week!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

so sorry honey...I wish I could make it all better for you.

thorkgal said...

Goodness. I thought that just happened to our family. You're not alone. Soon you'll be back up and rolling. :)