Monday, March 15, 2010

my crazy weekend

The MWC basketball tournament was in Vegas this weekend - and like always, I was there. We (Me, Aubrey and Mel) left Friday night and got to Vegas around midnight. We stayed with a friend for the night and then thanks to Josh and Rosie, we went to the Planet Hollywood Towers and hung out by the pool. I got some sun for sure...


Then we ate In N Out (of course) followed by shopping at the Outlets. The game was fun, but definitely a little depressing. We watched SDSU beat UNM and then we played UNLV. All games this tournament have been really close. The UNLV fans got into a huge fight with each other at one point. That got crazy real fast. Cops came up and everything. Such an experience.


Bummed by the loss, we got in the car right after the game and drove to San Diego. I mean, why not? We were already half way there. We pulled up to my house around 4:00 am and I surprised my family. I ran upstairs to wake up mom who didn't know what was going on at all. She was shocked and the reaction I got from Port and Hannah was even better. They both jumped out of bed to get me. Oh how I love being loved.

Saturday we slept in, watched the classic Thorkelson tv shows (The Middle and Community) and then went for a walk on the pier. I never forget how beautiful home is but it always takes my breath away.


After lunch at In N Out, the girls and I drove up to Long Beach to watch the BYU men's volleyball play in a tournament. I know - I sound like an obsessive crazy. I am only sort of that. They just happened to be nearby and it is my last year, so why not get it all in now? Doesn't sound so crazy after all huh? :)

I was home for exactly 27 hours - the next morning we woke up and drove back to Provo (stopping in St. George for, of course, In N Out). Back with the snow and mountains and everything. Pretty, but nothing like home.

So - - - - Friday in Vegas, Saturday in San Diego, Sunday driving back to Provo - stopping for In N Out all three days. What a weekend.

3 comments:

Alyse Bennett said...

That does sound like an awesome weekend! I wish I could have jumped along for the ride...

Sarah Osborne said...

Tati! You are so cute! I miss you girl. I'm glad you have a blog so I can hear about your life :) Ours is kandsosborne.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I loved your crazy weekend. I wish you were still here! I love you Tati.

Love,
Beans