Tuesday, March 2, 2010

My DTR during recess

As I have said before - I love my kids. I love working with them and today was great.

We were outside for recess and I was just sitting in the field of dead grass watching my kids play. One of them decided to run at me and he just sat down next to me. We were talking and he made some mention to me being old. Old?! So I asked him if he thought I was old. He asked how old I was so I told him to guess. This is our conversation:

Boy - I don't know, 48?
Me - YOU THINK I AM 48?!
What, you're less?
Of course I am.
35?
Lower.
Are you in your 20's?
Yep
28?
Lower!
25, 24, 23, 22, 21.
Yep! 21.
Wow. You are practically a teenager. Do you have a baby?
No. I am not even married!
When can I get married?
Well, I guess when you're in love.

After I said this, he grabbed my arm, smiled, and sort of giggled then told me that he loved me. Ah! I laughed at him, not sure how to handle the situation. My first proposal, sort of, from my 3rd grade student! Can't blow this one, the next one might not come for a long time. Then, being the smart boy that he is, he told me that he didn't love me like that. Ouch...haha but that he loved me like a teacher. We joked about it the rest of the day. I guess I am pretty cool.

4 comments:

Jacie Saltzman said...

haha thats so cute. good thing you write things like this down or you probably wouldn't remember them when you're actually in your 40's.

Francesca said...

That is a totally cute and funny incident!

thorkgal said...

THAT my dear is adorable and definitely worth remembering.
When I was at the elementary school kids judged age by height, which made me very young. Ha ha
They really have no clue. Gotta love'm.

Anonymous said...

wow that is just really cute! haha love it.