Saturday, April 19, 2014

e a s t e r



I am so grateful for this time of year.

Please watch this video. It is less than three minutes long and I promise it is worth every second. It is a simple message. It reminds us that it is because of Him.

Because of Him, I have hope.

Because of Him, I can find peace, especially in times of trial.

Because of Him, I have someone to turn to when I am lonely, when I feel sadness, and when my trials seem too hard to bear.

Because of Him, I am never alone.

Because of Him, I am stronger.

Because of Him, I love and I love a lot.

Because of Him, joy is easy to find.

Because of Him, I can start over.

Because of Him, I can be better.



Because of Him, my family is forever.

Because of Him, I will be able to return to live with my Heavenly Father again.

He lived and He died for you and me.

Easter of 2012 was two days after Porter was diagnosed with cancer. That post is full of my heart. Things that brought me joy and also ways that my Savior was carrying me and my family through a very hard trial.

This Easter, Ashton and I have been going through our own trial as I have miscarried twice since the start of the year. It has been unbelievably hard and trying in ways that I never thought possible, but, as the video pointed out, "Because of Him, despair becomes hope." So many people have reached out to me, have held me up with their prayers and kind words - they were answers to my prayers in a time of need. I have felt my Savior's love and I am grateful to know that this isn't the end. (I have lots to say about my current trials and just miscarriage in general. I have spent many hours writing out my thoughts - and there are lots of them. Hopefully, with time, I can organize them and share my experiences.)


Because of Him, I can be a better me. My testimony is strongest in the knowledge that He is there to help me through sin and trial, but also to celebrate with me through joys and success.

I love my Savior. I love celebrating His life and His resurrection. He lives! I know that He lives. I also know that as we do those little things - read our scriptures, pray, serve - we can build a relationship with Him.

Happy Easter

 xoxo

6 comments:

kortnikae said...

Tati, your faith continually inspires me! You are incredible and I am so grateful for the example you are to so many, especially me. Thank you for always being so willing to share your faith in the midst of your trials. I love and miss you! xoxo

Sarah Osborne said...

Thank you for a beautiful post, Tati. Lots of love to you, girl! Miss you :)

FRYBABY said...

I read a quote the other day by Richard G. Scott and it says, "Just when all seems to be going right, challenges often come in multiple doses applied simultaneously. When those trials are not consequences of your disobedience, they are evidence that the Lord feels you are prepared to grow more. He therefore gives you experiences that stimulate growth, understanding, and compassion which polish you for your everlasting benefit." I don't know if this helps or not but you know that we all love you and like Christ, will be by your side through all your trials and will be celebrating with you through your triumphs. Hang in there:)

Alison Rae said...

Love you so much Tati!

KickButtMommy said...

Tati, I am so sorry to hear of your trials. I wish you didn't have to go through that. I have had 6 miscarriages myself and it was not something I would wish on anyone. If you ever want to talk, I am here. While our babies didn't come when I thought they should, looking back, I know they came when they were supposed to. xoxo

Institute for Internet Safety said...

It is really true that God is so good to us, in spite the fact that we are sinners. Let just have the faith strong and for sure we'll never go astray. God bless!