Sunday, May 11, 2014

mother's day

four generations. not even my awkward stage can keep me from loving this picture.

My mom. She is perfect. She has killer hair. Lovely freckles. A beautiful smile. And she is the best person I know! She is always there. always always always. Even after I got married and moved all the way to Minnesota. She dropped everything (including one of Porter's big post cancer scans) to spend a week with me after I miscarried. It still makes me cry to think about. She has raised 5 kids - 5 kids who I think are most definitely the greatest. I cannot wait to be back in Utah, hiking, going to Costco, and just being together.





This year I got married and it was obviously the best decision ever. I got my handsome Ashton. BUT I also married into the most amazing family. I am so grateful for Michele. For the boy she raised. For her constant help - she searched for jobs in Minnesota for me and is doing the same in Utah! I love the emails I get from her. She is so positive and upbeat. Her constant laughing has been passed on to her children and I love it. When she has come to visit, our walks have meant the world to me. It is just the two of us and some of the best heart to heart talks ever. She is also the only person I know who loves pictures as much as I do!



Both of my moms are the only ones who have come to see us in Minnesota TWICE. I think that says a lot about moms. :)

My sister recently became a mama. She is raising one beautiful chunk of a girl and I love seeing her in this new role.

Remember when I said I married into the most amazing family?! Well, here is more proof. My sister-in-law has raised one of my favorite boys. They came to visit us in Minnesota and I was blown away with her patience and love. She is a great mom.


Grandmas! They have lived amazing lives. They have stories that I could listen to for hours. 

Grandma Thorkelson passed away when I was 15, but I have lovely memories of her that I cherish.


 Isn't it crazy how much Sydney looks like her?!

Mi abuela is compassionate and has taken so many under her wing. I love her broken english and happy smile. 




Grandama Fry is Bountiful's Mother of the Year! I have loved spending time with her.



Grandma Smith is a sweetheart. She is always wearing a smile and loves to be with her family.


Michelle. My aunt who taught me how to shave and took me to get my first bra. She is the most giving person I know. My first few years at BYU, we did everything together and I loved those years. Not everyone has an aunt like Michelle, but the world would be a better place if they did.


These are just a few of the moms in my life. I have many many more, all whom I adore and have learned so much from.

Happy Mother's Day!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Sweetie! Thanks for the beautiful tribute to me and all the amazing women in your life. You are truly special and we are all blessed to be a part of your life!!!! I love you more than mere words can express. XOXO

your mom

FRYBABY said...

You are always so thoughtful. I can't wait to go on more walks with you so we can solve all the worlds problems:) You are a very fortunate woman to have so many wonderful moms in your life. You will be a fabulous mother someday too:) Love you!!

Institute for Internet Safety said...

Happy mothers day! A mother is the best gift given to each one of us. The best person who guide us to be a better individual. Cheers to all mothers!