Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter

I am really emotional this morning, for many reasons.

First.  It is Easter and my heart is full.  This is one of my favorite holidays.  I have always felt a very close relationship to my Savior and for that relationship, I am very grateful.  I know that He not only died for each of us, but He also rose three days later.  Because of everything He has done for you and me, we are able to repent, be clean, and return to live with Him again with perfect bodies.  He is risen.  He lives!  I know that he lives. I love the testimonies of Joseph Smith and Sidney Rigdon as recorded in D&C 76:22-24:

 22 And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the atestimonylast of all, which we give of him: That he blives!
 23 For we asaw him, even on the bright hand of cGodand we heard the voice bearing record that he is the Only dBegotten of the Father—
 24 That by ahimand through him, and of him, the bworlds are and were created, and the cinhabitants thereof are begotten dsons and daughters unto God.

I know that He lives.  He is my greatest friend.  He loves me through everything, no matter what.  He knows exactly and perfectly my pain, my struggles, and my heartache.  He can comfort me because He knows.  He is in my heart and I see Him everyday as I work with so many special spirits.  I have felt him throughout this weekend.  I have received His love through each of you who have called, texted, prayed, and given words of support, love, and comfort to me and my family.  I love my Savior so very much and I know that that love will be sustaining me and my family through this hard time.


Just on a side note, my council is starting up a blog for my YSA ward out here in Draper.  Yesterday I wrote a blog for it on Elder Rasband's sweet conference address.  If you want to read it, you can right here.

Second.  I am emotional for obvious reasons - my poor brother has to go through trials and affliction that I wish with all of my heart I could take away from him.  He has been so strong through this all.  Yesterday, he texted a friend something like, "I am ok now.  My dad told me everything this morning.  I have wrapped my mind around it and accepted it.  It will be ok."  He is such an example to me.


Third.  I am grateful for my family.  Sydney, Kelsey, and Scott weren't with us while we were at the hospital.  Sydney was on her way home from spring break in San Diego when she found out.  Kelsey and Scott had been in Orange County with cousins for half an hour before they found out and turned around and came back to be with us.  Being with everyone has made it easier.  I think we will be staying close to home for awhile.  We laughed most of last night.  It was wonderful to be with my parents and my siblings as we enjoyed last night like we would have any other night.  Together we are stronger than we could ever imagine.  I know that with them by my side, we can and will make it through this only to become better.


Fourth.  I am emotional because of every kind word and prayer we have felt and heard.  Seeing the outpouring of love for my brother warms my heart.  Thank you.  All we can ask for at this time is for your thoughts and prayers to be with him.  He is in good spirits, we are all in good spirits, and a lot of it is because we are amazed and touched at how much we have received.  Thank you.  A million times.  Thank you.

1 comment:

Sami said...
This comment has been removed by the author.