Wednesday, April 4, 2012

my family's best friend family

I grew up with they Myers.  I always thought Ann and Paul were my aunt and uncle.  Alyse was and has been my best friend since the beginning.  We would take trips to Big Bear, Disneyland and later on, meet up with them at Shaver Lake.  I remember running from angry donkeys in Big Bear or hiking through the rocks and jumping down to our dads.  Sledding down the hill behind our cabin and then lying in bed with red noses.  The days when our dad's made us wear our hats backwards (they had no boys...).  I remember waiting in line to ride Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and Alyse always needing to use the restroom right then.  I remember going to Disneyland and watching the Cummings all wearing the same color shirt.  The matching outfits and big hair bows our mom's would make us.  The days when Alyse was the tan one and I was all white.  I remember Ann making my baptism dress and then 11 years later making me a bridesmaids dress to wear in Alyse's wedding.



We did everything with the Myers since I have been 2.  Then, tragedy, we moved to San Diego when I was 8.  The Myers stayed in our lives, but, of course, our visits with them were a lot less frequent.

This weekend they came up to Utah and on Monday night we gathered for dinner.  Seeing my parents with Ann and Paul just reminds me that everything is alright in my world.  That no matter what, this family will always be a part of my life.

One of the sweetest memories I have of my dad and Paul is at Alyse's wedding.  I remember watching them see each other at the reception.  As they hugged they both started to cry.  It makes me tear up thinking about it.  I don't know why it makes me so emotional, but I feel like that little sweet memory sums up our relationship with the Myer's.

Sadly, I didn't get a picture of all the adults together - but here are a few from our dinner at Tucanos.

The two grandpas.  (Do you think my dad is a little bit ready to have his own grandson?)  I absolutely love this picture.  

 Ann being hilarious and holding onto the balls that Luke won at the arcade.  (If you know Ann, you probably can hear her saying "Hilarious" in your head)

I sure hope we fool this boy into thinking I am his aunt his entire life.  I love him.  Lots and lots.

 I apologize for the poor quality - mom took these ones on her phone.

No comments: