Monday, March 26, 2012

Monday...

Today was the definition of MONDAY.

We woke up to a rain/crazy wind storm.  It was ridiculous!  And as we drove into Eagle Mountain, the snow began to fall.  One of my aides showed me a picture of her neighbor's trampoline on a different neighbor's roof...I had no idea this was possible!

Then it was a minimal day.  Great, right?  ha...Great for students.  Terrible for teachers.  We had training until 5:15 while everyone else got to leave by 1:45. 

So in an attempt to forget about my long Monday, let me tell you about my wonderful weekend surrounded with family and friends, then rolled in sports.  My favorite things.

Friday night I went to the Jazz game!  Not only did I get to go to the game, but I got to go with some of my favorite friends.

Saturday afternoon, Mel and I met up in American Fork to go to our friend Katherine's bridal shower.  I don't know what came over me, but I might have teared up just a few times seeing how happy and in love Katherine was.  Her shower was princess themed and my favorite quote was, "You're what happened when I wished upon a star."  Yes, that was one of them that made me cry...Oh it was just so darling and sweet and so much love!  Congratulations dear Katherine.  

So at some point on Friday, I got a little text from dad.  This is what it was:


Ah I love my dad.  We had wanted to go to the last game, but decided not to because of the weather.  So, we went and watched them, sadly, lose to Chivas USA.  Besides losing, dad and I had a lot of fun at his first RSL game.  Hopefully, we will make it to many more this season.


Yes, today was a Monday - but tomorrow is a brand new day.  And, I had a fabulous weekend.

Oh...and two weeks from today, I will be on a cruise!



No comments: