Monday, April 14, 2014

Music for your Monday

I have a current obsession and it stems from a childhood obsession. Today, you are going to learn some of the quirks that are Tati.

As a little girl, like 3 or 4, my favorite movie was What About Bob? I loved Bill Murray. Love love loved him. So much that I called him Uncle Bob. I like to think that I was clever enough to come up with the Uncle title on my own, but I have a feeling that my parents helped it giving Bill Murray this awesome title. Whenever I saw Bill Murray in a movie, I was watching Uncle Bob. To this day, I like to pretend that Bill Murray and I have some connection because he was obviously a part of my childhood. I can only hope that someday, my children will have as great a sense of humor as I did.

[Side note: A few years ago, I started hearing these outrageous stories about interactions people had with Bill Murray. The best part about them is as he is leaving he always says, "No one will ever believe you." They are quite hilarious. There are also stories about him just being a good man. Anyway, this only has added to my love for Uncle Bob. I just went to look for my computer of a picture of me and Bill Murray to add to this post - Proof of how much I feel like he is a part of my life.]

Wes Anderson loves Bill Murray maybe as much as I do, which has lead me to watch a few of his films. And I love the ones I have seen. Bill Murray doesn't always play a very big role, but he makes an appearance in each of Wes Anderson's movies. You know who else I have discovered thanks to the genius of Wes Anderson?

Jason Schwartzman.

He is the current obsession I mentioned at the beginning. He is such a quirky actor, in the very best way! I see him and I have to smile. You know what is even better than his face?! His voice.

And now, here is where the music part comes in.  Jason Schwartzman is ever so talented. He is one of those ultimate triple threats. Actor. Musician. Funny man. I think he would be a pretty good model too, but that is just me :) I married the handsomest man there is (see previous post), but I still have some big screen crushes and Mr. Schwartzman is on the top of my list.


I mean, come on, right?!

His music is fantastic. He used to be the drummer for Phantom Planet, but has since created a solo-project - Coconut Records. I love love love Coconut Records. It is definitely quirky, but oh-so-happy! It is all I have been listening to for a good month now.

So here is a playlist just for you! Love it and let me know just how much you love it!

I hope Jason Schwartzman's awesome tunes help you ease into a new week.

1 comment:

Institute for Internet Safety said...

I do like your suggested playlist, it truly helps. Keep it up!