Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A New Student?

Yesterday morning I go out to the buses and one of the bus drivers asks me if I am the one with the new student. I tell her that I didn't hear anything about it but later come to find out that he is mine and he is in the office waiting to be picked up. Surprise!

Turns out he is super smart. I have not worked with a kid who can do addition and it's actually really fun. We have quickly become friends and I hope that we can get him out in some regular classes really soon.

Funny story of the day:
I was taking one of my students to the bathroom and he asked me who his teacher was. Weird, since I was right there next to him. I said, "I don't know. Who do you think your teacher is?!"
He thought for a minute and said "Chloe!" Ok, now Chloe is his dog. He thought he was hilarious and all day he was telling me the Chloe was his teacher and then he would crack up. Not funny for anyone else, but I loved how much it made him laugh.

2 comments:

Alison Rae said...

can you please enlighten me with some of these stories when we are together everyday??!!! I just love hearing about your students, you are so lucky to have such special children and to be with them everyday! i just love you, you amaze me!

Francesca said...

Haha, kids are so funny! And so easily entertained. I'm glad you enjoy your students.