Thursday, September 17, 2009

I knew this was coming...

Today marks my 21st day of teaching and my first really rough day as a teacher. Two of my students had a really rough day. It wasn't just like 5 minutes or an hour but a full day of school where they were completely off. I knew that it wasn't going to be perfect and that it was actually going to be hard but I just felt like I couldn't reach them today and I got really discouraged. It was frustrating and I had to take many deep breaths throughout the day. If it weren't for my fabulous aids, I wouldn't have made it through the day.

The cool thing about this though it that even though I left work totally worn out and discouraged and frustrated, I left still loving all of them and teaching. I can't imagine my life without them anymore. I left telling myself, "We'll try again tomorrow."

So I welcome tomorrow, FRIDAY!, to come. We are field tripping it up to BYU so 3 of my kids can participate in Adaptive Aquatics (the program that has inspired me to go home in the summer and teach and adapted swim program) and the other 5 can go to the gym for some adapted p.e. games/activities. Sounds exciting, right?

1 comment:

danielle said...

That's the spirit! I fear for those days too...
hopefully i'll be able to brush those discouragements off as fast as you!