Friday, September 11, 2009

I am the world's luckiest daughter


It's my dad's birthday. I just realized that we have very few pictures together, probably because he is always the one behind the camera. These are just a few of my favs.

My dad picked me up from the Tijuana Airport two summers ago when I came up from Guadalajara for my best friends wedding. I was so excited to see him. He was in communication with me the minute I got off the plane and just hearing his voice made that, what I thought at the time, scary flight from Guadalajara to Tijuana easy. It was my first flight alone and it was all in Spanish.

He is always there to push me to do my best and feel good about myself. He is my hero. That picture of me jumping of the rock in Big Bear is one of my favorites. I hate heights. I am sure I sat up there for half an hour telling him I couldn't do it. But he gets me to do things that make me stronger. He is always there to catch me and when I got put on the waiting list for the Special Education program at BYU, he was the only one who could calm me down and make me feel like life was still going to be ok. I love him. I love him so much. I forever will be his kukiluki.

3 comments:

thorkgal said...

So sweet.

Liza said...

Tati I will miss these. I will be seeing you sooooon! I love you! Liz

Francesca said...

I believe your dad would agree that he is the world's luckiest dad to have you as his daughter! You are sweeter than sugar!