Monday, September 14, 2009

another great day

After work today we met with a grandparent to discuss some things about her student. She told us that when he was younger, they almost lost him several times. She got all teary eyed talking about how they think an education is so important and how they want him to be well behaved and I was just overwhelmed by the love that she had for him.
I don't know how I got so lucky with this ability to work with students with special needs but I am so grateful I did. They touch my life everyday. They make me laugh harder than I have ever laughed before. (example - Today my little jock farted a big one. haha there was some serious tooting as we sat across from each other in serious conversation about the activities going on around the classroom. haha he just kept farting and said "I'm stinky! hahahahaha I stink. hahaha" He was just laughing and laughing and ohhh he has a great laugh) They teach me how to love and make sure that I know how it feels to be loved.
A friend was just telling me how he had the greatest job ever but really, I get to change lives but I get paid to have them change mine. I really do have the best and most rewarding job there is. With my students, I know that we can change the world.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sweet...I love love love you! You really do have a unique gift and putting it to the best use possible.