Thursday, July 9, 2009

temple open house and kind people

The world is full of so so so much good. Utah sometimes amazes me with what it has to offer. I have been to two temple open houses within the last 6 months. What an amazing experience for me. The Draper Temple was full of the most beautiful art I have seen. Also, while at the Draper Temple back in February, I saw the eternal perspective of the church. Things that matter so much to people, looks and abilities, aren't quite so important. I saw a baby with Down Syndrome, a volunteer was blind and another was completely burned. Then tonight at the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House. It was so organized and beautiful. The wood work in this temple was simple but so stunning. It was so peaceful in its simplicity. I cannot believe how lucky I am to understand that this isn't the end. We have the ability to spend all of eternity with those we love.
After this wonderful evening at the temple I come home and have a note on my door. So this year I have had to work to be more independent, especially financially. I have made it so far but sometimes it gets super tight and I am the biggest "stress outer over everything" that I know. Some sweet person left me a little note with John 14:27 on it and a kind gift. I am luckiest person I know. I am full of gratitude. So many have done so much good for me. Thank you.

3 comments:

thorkgal said...

Hey Lucky Girl! You remind me of Teej, "stressers". I'm afraid I am in that category too, though.
LoVe Ya!!!

Unknown said...

Thank heavens for the angels all around us! We as a family have felt the love. I send my gratitude to yours.

Jason and Kelly said...

I love you! Next time I'm down there we need to go to lunch and catch up ok? ok.