Monday, July 20, 2009

So it has been one of those weekends. I think I woke up crying Sunday morning and I just kept crying. It was a release that I needed.

About a week and a half ago, I got a sweet gift from some person who is really looking out for me. That person remains a mystery but the purpose of their gift and the timing of it all is becoming more and more clear as the days go on. On the front of the envelope they had written John 14:27. I had sort of put it in the back of my mind but when I called Mom on Sunday morning, she reminded me of how timely the gift was and told me to remember that scripture. Mom remembers all of the important stuff and I would be a bucket case if I didn't call her everyday.

We really cannot live life in fear, or even in doubt. I feel like my heart becomes "troubled" quite a bit easier than others. My heart is truly the center of everything I do. I am not sure how to explain it, I never have been able to, but my family has always commented on how I grab my heart when I am talking about things that I really care about. My heart feels it first. I have a lot to learn from this scripture. I have a lot of doubt that I need to stop worrying about.



But on a more exciting note, I slept under the stars up Hobble Creek on Friday night. I sat in the sun for 3 hours, hiked the Y, and saw the fireworks for Draper Day (which TOTALLY blew Stadium of Fire out of the water) on Saturday night. Good weekend.

AND Dad updated is website. He seriously takes some of the most amazing pictures. I am obsessed with the new site. Check out jthork.com. I love him.

No comments: