Saturday, July 25, 2009

service and love

We had this really amazing institute lesson last Wednesday. It was all about service and I was just overwhelmed with how I have been served and how Heavenly Father works through the service of others to show His love for us. My sweet friend, Carly, sent me a package this last week. She is such an example to me of love. She takes time to do things for me constantly. I am always impressed with the time she puts into others and guess what, she is coming to visit me in a few weeks!
Then I remembered how I truly feel Christlike love when serving others. It is impossible to not love someone if you are serving them with a sincere heart. My sweet students for example. Thursday was my last day working with them. My cooperating teacher's husband brought in a few of his scouts and if the boys worked with this kids at all, I saw them quickly see through their physical and mental differences and love them for what they are.
More on the sweet kids in Santaquin. Every time I leave a class, I wonder how I can love another one again. This was no exception. I love each and everyone of those students that I got to know. They taught me so much in just a few weeks. I can't even imagine what I am going to be like when I have to leave a class when it is really mine.

No comments: