Sunday, July 12, 2009

how come my legs aren't the nicest legs around?

So hear me out :) Thursday I tried this little experiment...I counted how many stairs it took me to get from work in the SAB (which is technically on campus) to my class up in the McKay Building. Guess, just guess, how many stairs that totaled!! 225. I do that on a regular basis. Next week I am going to keep track of all my steps in a normal day...should be fun and just prove even more that my legs should be looking so good right now!
I also went hiking twice yesterday. Alison and I have been running almost daily and we have gotten to the point where we can run 3 miles easy, which is something amazing for me if you understand how I feel about running. Yesterday morning we took our run to a hike and enjoyed Rock Canyon. It was beautiful and eventually rained on us for the hike back. We also did the entire hike speaking Spanish which was so fun.
Then get this, the hiking continues! Last night I am in Draper and Michelle's house when my Sandy boys call and say they are going to hike the Y at 10:30. I just had to go, right? The Y has never been so easy for me to do! I loved it and could have kept going. Sooo, my legs might not look the nicest, but I know they are doing me some good and getting me through stairs, running, and up and down mountains!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You go girl!!!! Keep it up for more than just your legs, which I think are lovely by the way. All this will exercise your heart and contribute to your overall health in sooo many ways! I love you honey.

Alyse Bennett said...

You are awesome! I should really start running more often, maybe I'll just have to go with you!