Thursday, July 31, 2008

Well - the summer keeps going.
We had an earthquake the other day - Tuesday. It was a little scary. Mom, Kels, and I were watching Becoming Jane on my quick work break (lots to say about work to come) when all of the sudden we felt a little shake and just looked at each other. Woah, was that an earthquake?! and then 2 more rolled by, a little stronger than before. That was when we were like oh man, are these just pre tremors? And jumped up and made sure the kids in the pool were doing alright. They didn't even feel it. It has been a while since I have actually felt an earthquake. You know, people are saying how they wouldn't want to live in California because of our earthquakes but honestly all other natural disasters scare me much more.

Ok work - so I started teaching a new group of kids on Monday. Once again I have some truly adorable kids...until you get to my last class. Yes - they are adorable but they are horrible! I can't get them to sit down and listen so that I can tell them what we are going to do and since they're in water it's not like I can just let them swim while I am working with one student. Then the parents complain but guess what - their kid is the reason I can't teach. How do I tell a parent that? Oh man...and I still have 5 days to go with them and then some lucky someone gets to sub my last 2 days. I am hoping to get them under control before I have to turn them to one of my coworkers.

2 comments:

thorkgal said...

Okay, where have I been? You've been updating and I haven't even looked? Shame on me.
Your beautiful as ever. Love you girl! Will I see you in September at David's shin-dig?

Alyse Bennett said...

so what I'm wondering is how we managed YET AGAIN to get no pictures of us together at shaver lake. What is that all about?