Tuesday, July 15, 2008

new hair and christmas in july

If you haven't yet noticed - I have cut my hair. Can you believe it?! haha I am still getting used to it. It was cut exactly a week ago. Monday my mom said to me that I needed a pick-me-up and that she wanted me to try a bob. Mom, wanting me to cut off my hair that she so insistently begged for me to keep long?! I was in shock but she now believed that I was almost 20 and needed something new. Luckily Tina knows my hair better than I do and found a new cute look. For the most part, I am really enjoying it but there are some days when I miss the comfort of my long, always the same, thick hair. But this short cut has been fun and kept me entertained.

So - new thing at the pool this year - THEMED FAMILY SWIM NIGHTS. Woodland Park Pool just had its first one of the summer and of course I was headguard. Our theme - Christmas in July. All of my bosses were there so really I was just in charge of making sure my guards were alert, happy, and rotating. We had fun with reindeer races, gift drop, and a snow ball fight. As you can imagine, the guards enjoyed the water balloons more than anyone else and we were kept busy. We had Alex in a stocking outfit, Miles dressed as Santa, and then lucky Craig put green tights under his guard shorts and was our elf. I, of course, had to get myself a picture amongst my favorite red and white guards. It was a crazy night - full of guard drama - a night that will never be forgotten :)

1 comment:

Chris said...

Hey there! Cute blog! Your hair looks cute --- talk to ya later! Chris Stokes