Tuesday, July 8, 2008

WORK, work, WoRk

So I have been home now for 2 and a half weeks. I can't believe it. I feel like I have been home for forever...I jumped into work the moment I got home.
WORK - - Once again I am working as a lifeguard for the City of San Marcos. My second home during the summer is Woodland Park Pool. This is my fourth summer with this job and I am finally reaching the top. I am headguard and I am really enjoying working with our new guards. They respect me and we work well together. For the most part, I trust them out there and feel safe having them watch the pool. They do what I ask and they do it without complaining. I am very impressed.
Although, my favorite part about this job is teaching lessons. I finish my first 2 week session of lessons on Friday. Friday will be our "Friday fun day" and I am dragging Kelsey with me to take pictures of my adorable kids. In my first class I have little Sammy who has started jumping into my arms and giving me adorable little kisses. Then there is Hunter who told me yesterday that I am his favorite teacher. Although they are only a 1B they are fearless and all but Sammy will jump off the low dive. Hunter has a harder time than the others. Poor kid shakes when he gets to the end and the first day we tried it took him 5 minutes to jump. Yesterday he got so frustrated that he just didn't do it. BUT today - today he jumped off surprisingly quick. I was so proud of him.
My second class is full of kids just a little younger but when we did safety day they put on their life vests and refused to get out of the dive tank. They are a bit more timid but I am watching as all of them are putting faces in the water and jumping to me. Yesterday they all floated on their backs without me. I was so impressed.

No comments: