Sunday, July 27, 2008

Happy Birthday to.... ME!

I am 20 - I didn't know that this was possible. 20 is so young...until I am 20! haha Everyone else can turn 20 and it is great fun but I just am not ready. I guess this is too late seeing as my birthday was actually yesterday so I have now been 20 for approximately 24 whole hours.

So we celebrated it with all my friend on Friday. My high school friends took me to a nice dinner at California Pizza Kitchen (our favorite celebration restaurant!). The waitress was quickly informed that it was my birthday and she asked how old. Everyone was like 20 Wooo. And she just looked at me, "haha Funny. For real, 20?" I guess I looked older - she was getting ready to bring out some alcohol. haha

After dinner Carly and I rode with Ted in his crazy fun car. The windows were down and we were taking pictures galore. It was a great party in the back of the car. We were dancing and shaking. Taking pictures with wind blown hair. You know - the normal for me :)

Finally we made it to Carly's house for my mini fiesta - only called a fiesta because I had a shopping spree at a nearby Mexican market and bought all the candy I had seen in Mexico. They even had my emperador cookies! That was the greatest market and I am sure I will be going there quite often now.

I had a surprising amount of friends come to my fiesta. I was busy running around saying hi to my favorite people in San Marcos. A huge group of my co-workers came too...I really just love them. They even brought me some stuffed toy they found on the side of the road - ha that's how much they love me! Then I had the high school gang - the loves of my life. AND my church friends. Can you believe it?! haha I have made some this summer. Jackie is one of them and I will love her forever and ever. I hope she is ready to be stuck with me every time I am back in San Marcos.

Then for my real birthday yesterday - we started with a baby shower for my cute cousin Evy. She is adorable with that pretty baby in her belly. haha And her little sister Anne surprised us and showed up with her new little belly too! It was fun to be surrounded with family and play with the cute babies that were brought.
After the shower mom and dad took me down to the forum...Anthropologie!!! I loved it. I bought some pretty cute clothes if I do say so myself. Following my forum trip with mis padres I went on a date. Can you believe it!? A DATE! haha That's what I thought. We went to Panera for dinner, watched X-Files (a movie that...was x-files and sadly - I liked the TV show better), then followed it all with Cold Stone. It was a lot of fun :)

No comments: