Sunday, November 23, 2014

Best Buddies Dinner

Best Buddies. I joined in 2003 as a sophomore in high school and fell in love. It is the reason why I am a special educator today.

A little more than a year ago, I wrote this post about my dad and how he became a board member for Best Buddies Utah. I was (and continue to be) impressed and incredibly proud of my dad.

On the 13th, the Thorkelson clan went to a dinner for Best Buddies Utah, their biggest fundraiser of the year. We got there and opened the program. On the first page we found this:


He had no idea and neither did we. What a privilege it was to see him recognized and then hear him talk for a bit about how Best Buddies has changed him. I loved Best Buddies in high school and I am so grateful to my dad, who has brought it back into our family.


 ** On a side note: They had some items they were raffling off, as well as a silent auction. Ashton and I bought a few tickets and found the most adorable yellow baby girl basket. Of course, we stuck most all of our tickets in that one. We won :) I love collecting clothes (and all types of goodies) for our sweet baby.

No comments: