Thursday, November 7, 2013

today, I am thankful for...(part 4)

my sweet dad.

My parents have supported me in every decision I have made.  My dad was a huge part of me getting into BYU.  He encouraged me to do volunteer work while in high school and to find a club that I could make my own.  That is how I found Best Buddies.

Now, Best Buddies is something I am thankful for as well.  Signing up for Best Buddies led me to a career that I love.  It has led me to people who have changed my life and made me a better person.

My dad moved to a new office early this summer.  One of the first things he told me about his new office was that the Utah chapter of Best Buddies had an office in the same building.  He was so excited about it and would tell me about his interactions with the people who worked there.  On Saturday, my dad sent me this:



I love how much what is important to me is important to me.  I love that he supports me, supports such an amazing organization, and is excited to tell me about it!  I am grateful for the times he came with my class on our field trip to the zoo and would just lug all of our lunches around.  I am grateful for his strength, his conviction, his love, and his honesty.  I am grateful for his love, his humor, and the way he has always protected me.  I am grateful that he is still willing to help me find the best deals on tires and give me computer advice.  I am proud to call him dad.


1 comment:

Institute for Internet Safety said...

Our father is truly our best friend. He could advice us about so many things especially about men. He is always be there for us no matter what. We are all lucky for having them. God bless!