Monday, November 4, 2013

today, I am thankful for...

...my eyes!

As a kid, doctors were always impressed with how great my eye sight was.  I never thought that would change.

Oh, how wrong I was!

Over the last few months, I realized that Ashton could read things that only appeared blurry to me.  Then, I began to doubt myself while I was driving at night.  Ashton kept telling me I needed glasses, but I was still convinced that my vision was just fine.  Plus, I have never been one to even wear sunglasses, let alone regular glasses!

Last week, I finally gave in and had my eyes checked at Costco.  My eyes aren't too bad.  My right eye is definitely worse than my left.  I still have 20/20 vision when it comes to reading, but distance isn't great.  I have glasses for driving and movie watching - just like my mama.

The eye doctor gave me a prescription, Ashton and I spent half an hour looking for the right frames, and this weekend, the first pair came.



I have been absolutely amazed with the details I am seeing now!  Everything appears a little sharper and colors are a little brighter.  It is like I am seeing the world all over again! I am seriously blown away.

I feel a little silly with them on.  The frames are pretty big! But Ashton really likes them and that's all that matters right?

Either way, I am so grateful for this new power of perfect vision. It feels like I have a new super hero power! It is helping me find the little details to be thankful for like - seeing cracks in the road, lights without halos, each individual leaf, confidence in night driving and no more squinting!

2 comments:

FRYBABY said...

Either you were parked with cars rushing by when you took that picture or Ashton is getting really good at taking pictures while driving:) You are beautiful with your new glasses!!

Institute for Internet Safety said...

You are still gorgeous, even more that you are wearing eyeglasses. We have to take extra care of our eyes, for through we are able to see the beauty of the world. Thanks!