Thursday, November 27, 2014

g r a t i t u d e

It's that time of year. The time when we dream of turkey, mashed potatoes, and pumpkin everything. That time when we get an extra long weekend. That time when, despite all of the cold and grey, everyone has extra holiday pep in their step. But more importantly, it is that time where we sit back and reflect on all those things we are grateful for.

My heart is overwhelmed when I think of all that is happened so far in 2014.

2014 had a very rough start for us with a miscarriage in January and one again in April. And while it still hurts, a hurt that will never go away, it has made me beyond grateful for where we are now. Here I am, 22 weeks pregnant with a sweet baby girl. I know all parents love their children, but I truly believe my love for this baby is not different, but comes with a lot more thankfulness.  My best friend sent me this post she had found and it is perfect, especially her last paragraph which includes,  "Infertility sucks for everybody it touches. But it's also it's own kind of wonderful, I think. Especially once the baby you've fought for is won. Those babies are spectacular; those babies are worth it.Baby girl is my miracle. (I have a collection of articles and links that helped me through everything and, like I have said before, someday they will make their way to my blog)



I am also grateful for the time we spent in Minnesota. I love and miss all of our friends there. Sure, the winter was miserably cold, but it was also a lot of fun! Lots of movies, crafts, games, and time inside.  We grew a lot, met many amazing and wonderful people, and most importantly, learned to be married (which, if I haven't mentioned before, is really easy when you're married to Ashton).


And that brings me to Ashton. Wow did I score. He has seen me on a rollercoaster of feelings this year and he continues to both be patient with me and everyone. Watching him has taught me to have patience. And then there is the way he takes care of me. When I would get sick, he just sat in the dark room with me, magically appearing with water, saltines, tylenol, and even mac 'n cheese. It is fun to watch him get ready to be a dad, snuggling with Millie and caring for our handsome pup.

Then there is Thor. I am grateful for a dog that has a cute whine and no idea how to mean bark. He only has accidents occasionally. He loves people almost as much as he loves food. And he is the perfect dog for our family.

Family. I am so grateful for my family. After a year in Minnesota, which was great, but we sure missed having family around. Now, we get to live with my parents and see them ALL of the time. "It's the best! I love it." And my fantastic in-laws (I seriously could not have married into a better family) are only half an hour away. We are so blessed to be surrounded by people we love so much.


I am grateful for my friends. You guys know who you are. To those who send me the thinking of you texts just when I need them. Or the flowers that made everything better. The friends who I can meet up with for breakfast and spend hours just talking with. Or the friends that live far away, the ones I get to see once a year if I am lucky. To those friends who we watch Tom Hanks movies with. The friends who we make plans with for more than a year from now (here's to summer 2016!). To those friends that I can always be my true BYU fanatic with. My friends are the greatest.

I am grateful for my job. Teaching has gotten hard (it has changed a lot over the past 6 years), but my students this year are amazing with their kind words, pictures, and little notes. Middle school isn't so bad after all :)

Most of all I am grateful for the gospel, for my Savior, and that I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I am so grateful that Ashton and I were able to be sealed in the temple for time and all eternity just over a year and a half ago. I am grateful to know that families are forever. Grateful for the relationship I have with my Savior. Grateful for a prophet to guide and lead us in these latter days. Grateful for the Book of Mormon. I have truly felt my Heavenly Father's love throughout this year and my life - for that, I am so grateful.


3 comments:

Lauren and Seth said...

So much to be grateful for! I can't wait to meet this sweet little girl!

KickButtMommy said...

Beautiful post, Tati!

Rosie said...

I am grateful for you miss Tati :) Love you! joshandrosie.blogspot.com