Sunday, November 30, 2014

November 30th

Did you know that today is a very important day? Probably not. And that is why I am writing this post.

Two years ago today. November 30, 2012.

The Festival of Trees is a wonderful fundraiser benefiting Primary Children's Hospital. It happens every year and while I always thought it would be fun to go, I hadn't made it. 2012 was different. Porter was in his final rounds of chemo and Primary's had become a second home. Plus his home health nurse had donated a tree and decorated it with his patients favorite treats - that meant that Porter's favorite (nasty) orange Circus Peanuts would be on the tree. That meant I had to go and it is a very good thing I did.

I went with Cami, of course, and a bunch of friends. We looked at all of the trees. They are really impressive and I so recommend going. Sydney was there too, so we had to get a sister picture with Porter's tree and I am so glad we did, because it is the only picture documentation I have of that very important day.

sweetest tree

As we were leaving, I looked behind me and caught the eye of someone I knew. It was Ashton. We hadn't talked for at least a year and I wasn't sure he even knew who I was so I wasn't going to say anything. Lucky for me, he smiled and said hi. We chatted for a bit and made plans for when he was done with finals.

The whole time Cami and I were eating Chick-fil-A (of course), I just kept telling her how darling I thought Ashton was and how I just wanted to be friends with him. I couldn't stop thinking about him, I mean, have you seen that smile?!

Little did I know that within 6 months of that day he would become my best friend AND husband.



Here's to one year, six months, and 6 days of marriage. I know I already mentioned Ashton in my gratitude post, but I just love him so much! I am so grateful for the run ins and two dates we had prior to meeting again on November 30th. I give Ashton a hard time for taking so long (seriously, we could have done this back in 2009), but I am happy I had those years to grow and go on adventures. He makes me so happy. We just got back from our "babymoon staycation" in Salt Lake and it was the best. He is perfect for me and I just super really love him.

OK. Thanks for reading my lovey gushy post.

3 comments:

aubrey said...

i looove this post so much. you're such a beaut, tati!! so thrilled for you!

Rosie said...

So precious! I love it :) Its like I always said to you, it will just happen when you arent even expecting it. There he was BOOM! Festival of Trees. :)

FRYBABY said...

We are so thankful that Ashton was prompted to go to the Festival of Trees too!! In fact, I am volunteering there this Friday so you both should come see me and reminisce some more about that wonderful evening!! Love you two:)