Thursday, February 3, 2011

what a week...

I knew this week was going to be rough, but I never realized it would nearly kill me (well not really, but it sure feels like it)!

I woke up Monday morning completely overwhelmed.  It was SEP's (parent teacher conferenc) week, plus I had an IEP (some serious paper work that I get to do for each student because I teach special ed...lucky me) and my group had a tent up at the Marriott for the game this Saturday and we needed to take shifts.  I leave for work, running just a few minutes late, and my on ramp is backed up.  Shoot.  I was stuck in traffic for  a good 15 minutes until we finally pass a nearly nothing bumper to bumper.  Great, I am going to be late to work and I was so ready to get things done!  When I get to school, my principal calls me down to the office...He wants to come and observe me teach twice and at least once during the week.  ahhhh. School goes fine, a typical Monday, but then I stick around at school until 6 to rearrange my room (we got desks for my students instead of tables!) and get some cleaning/organizing done.   Got home at 7:00, just in time for FHE, followed by meeting with some girls from church.  Finally, around 10:00 I got to make myself dinner...Mac n cheese because I haven't had time to grocery shop....and no one in my apartment has milk. ahhh hahaha.  I went to bed after that.

Tuesday was another day and I woke up 15 minutes late.  I got ready as fast as I could and made it to work on time!  I stayed at work again until 6 but, this time, picked up some dinner on my way home.  Got home around 7:30, ate the food, went to the gym, and then stopped by our tent at the Marriott to keep Melanie company while she was on tent duty.  Then sleep!

Wednesday.  Groundhog Day! Wooo. First day of conferences.  Success but another late night.

Thursday.  I wake up 20 minutes early and get to work early to finish my IEP - I think I did a great job!  Ready to take a bow.  Oh and it's the 100th day of school...time to celebrate.  Then my principal is in to watch me teach my class.  I got my results back and I didn't do bad...not bad at all.  Then conferences and an even longer night...Driving home, I get onto the freeway, start driving, just over the speed limit and I see lights flash behind me.  My heart stops, or rather starts beating like crazy!  Don't worry, he didn't pull me over, but he did it to several cars as they would get onto freeway.  Just giving us all a warning that he is there.  I made it home safely and here I am watching Groundhog Day with Melanie.

I am exhausted.  It was the fastest week of my life, but my poor body is thrashed, exhausted, and extremely worn out.  Well, I am going to go watch my movie.  Goodnight!  Oh and please don't mind my poor grammer or bad spelling...I am writing this exhausted, just like I said.