Wednesday, February 9, 2011

tornado dreams

I had the strangest dream on Sunday afternoon.  I layed down for a good Sunday afternoon nap...in fact, Melanie and Kelsey were doing the same.  We were all sprawled between the two couches and the oversized chair in the front room.  I started drifting off into an uneasy sleep and before I knew it...

I was at school.  The power was out because, get this, a TORNADO was coming!  There was lightning, huge rolling thunder, and howling of crazy wind, and I was trying to keep track of my students by flashlight.  They were running all over the classroom and all I knew was that we needed to evacuate in this total chaos.  So, I finally get them in a line by the door and we are getting ready to go outside when I realize, I HAVE NO SHOES ON.  I had been wearing my favorite dark blue Ann Taylor heels (which I have only have done once to school!) and I did not know where they were.  I sent my aides out with the 12 kids and I was crawling around my desk in the dark until I found my shoes, but somehow, the heel on my right shoe had broken.  I couldn't go out barefoot - the wind was blowing who knew what all around and I didn't need to step on anything.  The search for something else to put on my feet began.  Luckily, I found something to put on and ran outside, very concerned about my students.  I get out there and the other life skills class is with us and we are playing on the playground under a very dark sky with thunder rolling, lighting thrashing, and wind blowing.  I see Miss Butler, the other LS teacher, sitting on the bench just watching everyone play.  I go sit next to her, lean over and ask, "So how long does this normally last?"

That's it.

One of my students was obsessed with tornadoes a little while back.  My guess is that he's the reason I had this dream.

**Favorite Quote of the Day**


Girl 1 in my class: "Justin Bieber is from Utah."
Me: "hmmm No, he is from Canada." (yes, I really do know this...)
Girl 2: "Oh ya?  Then does he speak Mexican!?"
Me: I just laugh.
Girl 1: "So does he speak Canadian?!"
Me: "They speak English in Canada..."


They were so set on proving me wrong.  Too bad I know my JB facts!

1 comment:

Cami said...

Glad to hear I was so calm during the tornado ;)