Sunday, April 18, 2010

just a few stories

1. I graduate this WEEK! ahhhh

2. Friday we took a field trip to the duck pond. Such an adventure. Whole rolls were being thrown at the ducks AND there was a turtle on a rock (our favorite song in class is from Signing Time and it's called turtle rock)!

3. I went to Moab this weekend and hiked Arches. beautiful.

4. We spent Friday night sleeping under the stars next to a lake. One of the coolest things I've ever done.

4. Sister Allred of the General Relief Society Presidency was hiking arches too!

5. We met the cutest little Australian couple exploring the beautiful National Parks of the United States. She definitely had a crush on Mike. They gave us their camping site along the Colorado River.

6. At one point during out hiking we came across a teenage boy with down syndrome. He was with a man who was asking him about school. He asked the boy if he liked his teacher and the boy said, "Yes. He has a good smile." I hope my kids say cute stuff like that about me, so I am going to smile more!

Life has been good. I am scared to death to graduate - scared to leave Provo, scared to have to go into the real world, you know, all that great stuff. But, I hope that the closer I get, the more excited I start to feel. This is a huge deal! I just can't really imagine it actually happening.

2 comments:

thorkgal said...

Ha ha... I know the feeling. Then after all is said and done... you ask yourself "NOW WHAT?"

Your awesome and there's nothing but blue skies ahead. BYU BLUE!

Francesca said...

It's a very hard transition, but so many more wonderful adventures await you! Have a happy graduation!

p.s. I remember going to your birthday party when you first moved into the ward. Now look at how grown up we are! Crazy, huh?