Tuesday, April 20, 2010

it's in the air

I don't have AC in my car which is alright until right about now. This means time for windows down and the summer music comes out! I love blasting music (LFO, Sugar Ray, NSync, Jack Johnson - just some of my eclectic summer choices) with the wind blowing through my hair, but come spring every year there is a very apparent stench that rolls through. It is quite deceiving as this stinky stink smell is coming from the beautiful white blossoms on a tree. We almost finished the semester without the stench, but they came out just in time for finals and graduation.


With these trees though, we see lots of spring fever. It is ever so apparent in my classroom as this week has been one of the hardest weeks yet. The kids have a new stubbornness and absolutely no desire to do any work. I don't blame them though. When it looks as nice as it does outside, that's the only place you want to be. But this has brought out the love in the kids as well. As much as they don't want to do work, they are absolutely adorable and are doing anything for attention right now.

Spring also means BASEBALL! I went to a Bees game and made friends with the cutest little girl and boy in front of me. I was enjoying them so much that I didn't know why everyone was getting up to leave when the game was over. My favorite quote that I must share was from the little girl. I asked her how old she was and she said, "4, but I can't wait to be 16!" Her parents are sure going to have fun with her :)


Oh and I picked up my cap and gown earlier today AND my family got into town tonight. This is really happening!

No comments: