Tuesday, April 6, 2010

home sweet home

I haven't been home for at least 4 Easters. This year, I found myself with a spring break and not really sure what to do because spring break is not something BYU students experience. I haven't complain much about this missing break, but I really needed it this year and since I am interning, I am on the school district's schedule and you cannot deprive K-12 students of a spring break! So if you followed that at all, I do not have to teach or do anything school related this WHOLE week.

That means I get to be home for a WHOLE week - 9 days even! And I finished my portfolio before I left so I don't even have homework! No teaching. No school work. It is like a mini summer vacation.

San Marcos has given me quite the time so far. We got here Friday night/Saturday morning.

Saturday - General Conference, LOVE THIS. Laid by the pool with Syd. Read a good book. Mr. Taco for lunch (how I crave Mr. Taco. It is my favorite Mexican food. For sure). More of the Conference that I LOVE. Scary movie that I didn't like so much.

Sunday - HAPPY EASTER and HAPPY BIRTHDAY SYDNEY! More General Conference. A trip to La Jolla and the beautiful temple! I got super burned. EARTHQUAKE - a big one too and aftershocks are still coming. Back for a delicious dinner by mom - soooo good. Birthday singing for Syd.

Monday - Running with Porter - it poured on us. Thank you rain. Then lunch on the pier with - so fun but we got poured on again. We were the only ones on the pier, it was quite amazing. Then we let the food soak in and eat more - Killer Pizza From Mars (another family favorite) with everyone for dinner. Followed by jacuzzi and The Proposal.

It's great to be home.

1 comment:

thorkgal said...

We missed seeing you for Easter... since we made it to Utah but hopefully we'll see you in a couple weeks. :)