Sunday, February 22, 2009

the 5 love languages <3

Is it weird that I have taken both the hfl and religion marriage prep classes at BYU? I just find the whole relationship so interesting, especially with the church. This relationship is one that we will have for all eternity. The whole dating scene here at BYU is also a little strange so it is always great to get some advice or just hints to putting ourselves out there. I have an array of knowledge in this area, and anyone is welcome to pick my brain :) (not that I am like pro or anything, I just had Dr. Barlow and he knows some powerful stuff)

Ok, so about a week ago for Enrichment Night we had Val Baldwin come in and discuss with our Relief Society the 5 love languages. Those consist of:
  1. Quality time
  2. Words of Affirmation
  3. Acts of Service
  4. Gifts
  5. Physical Touch
The whole time she was going over the love languages, my roommate and I were trying to use examples from our lives to pick apart what we are. She would say something and it was either yep, that describes me or my roommate, or eh, definitely something I don't enjoy. She said quality time was enjoying being with people...that's when I thought, hmmm I hate being alone. I am definitely a big people person. Words of Afffirmation - nice, but when I get too many compliments, it just sort of makes me feel like I am just being stared at...you know? I need it to be interactive. Acts of service are ok, but there are somethings I just have to do on my own. Then gifts. Oh boy, I do not need gifts. I would rather go on a date with the money. And finally physical touch. This is just physical contact in non-romantic times. I realized that is probably the way I most show my love and a lot of the way I expect to receive it. I am always touching people as I talk to them and I love hugs. Just love them.

So I took the online quiz. Yep, I was right. I am bilingual :) haha Split at 10 and 10 each were quality time and physical touch. I got 0 for gifts, 5 for words of affirmation, and 2 for acts of service. I could analyse myself or anyone I know well alllll dayyy with this fun information.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I totally took both those classes and felt weird telling people, haha...but they were awesome and really insightful

thorkgal said...

Oooo I've got to take the quiz. I'll have to get back to you on the results. ;)