Tuesday, May 24, 2016

{ t h r e e } years


three years ago, I made the greatest decision ever and I married this handsomest man.



When I say three years, my thought is, "How can it only be three years! I feel like I have had Ashton forever." And that forever has been my favorite. He is my best friend, my husband, my favorite person, and the greatest baby daddy ever. He makes me laugh, he makes me smile, and he makes sure I always feel his love.

No joke, every single day, I wonder how I got so lucky. Like really, I am an alright person, but I definitely do not deserve such a perfect husband - I couldn't have even dreamed up a man as wonderful as him. No one could love me more, even though I have a crazy amount of flaws. He finds every opportunity to sincerely compliment me. He is extremely patient and beyond kind. He never complains and always asks what he can do for me. He is genuinely good - no, really the best. He always lets me win and our biggest fights are generally over restaurants. He lives to laugh and I hope that our children all learn to laugh as easily as he does.



seriously though, he still has heart eyes for me! he makes my heart skip a beat.

Then there's the type of dad he is and let me tell you, it is the type of dad that is constantly melting my heart. The things he does for Rooney are things I never thought I would see him do - like share a straw or wipe her nose without thinking twice. I had to stop nursing a few weeks ago and he has put Rooney to bed nearly every night since then and every time, he comes downstairs going on and on about how sweet she is.






And of course, his best friend is Thor and no matter how stinky Thor might be, Ashton always loves him. Thor loves Ashton more than anyone or anything in this world, including food, and it is the sweetest.




While being married to him has been easy, we have faced challenges that haven't been and I am sure there are many many more coming our way. But, the greatest thing about marriage is knowing that I won't ever have to face them alone and that as long as I have him, I can do anything. Together, we can do anything. And the best part - he is mine for eternity! Not just until death, but for longer than we even have the ability to comprehend. I look forward to eternity next to him.

No comments: