Monday, May 23, 2016

roo + disneyland

We had been planning on a trip to San Diego for a few months. We were going to keep it chill - maybe take Rooney to see the Wild Animal Park since I grew up going there, but after I miscarried I knew I needed Disneyland to help heal my heart and get out some of my madness (by, you know, doing all the things you shouldn't do while pregnant - like ride roller coasters!).

I was so excited to show my baby this magical place and it was just that - magical, dreamy, wonderful, and...crowded.

Luckily, we had Hannah with us which let us do Rider Switch - the greatest thing for groups with babies. Use it!

Toy Storia Mania!

Ferris Wheel



Rooney and I remained calm and cool while Hannah and Ashton...they were only a little afraid of that swinging cart.

Chew Chew Train

Ariels Undersea Adventure

CHURRO LOVE

Then we went to Disneyland for even more magic ( and way more crowds).

Rooney LOVED the jungle cruise


sweetest girl loving her cutest dad

her face after pirates <3 p="">

her reactions on the submarine were my favorite


tea cups!!!



carousel, made better only by Rooney's face

haunted mansion

leaving the park very tired

downing eggs at denny's - she was the happiest babe all day long!



*** We rode more rides than these pictures show, but I tried my best to enjoy the moment and not constantly have my phone out and I am glad I did. The whole day was wonderful. I will admit, I was discouraged by the crowd at Disneyland (and I know it really wasn't that bad) and it had me in a bad mood for a second (we didn't even get to ride Peter Pan!), but then I let it go. Next time, we will get to all the things we didn't get to this time and Rooney will love it all just as much, if not more!

No comments: