Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

Here is to 2012! Yaaaaaaa!! It's going to be a good year.  I can just feel it.  Can you?

Because I am so nostalgic and a lover of photos, I have been going through all of my 2011 pictures, over and over and over again.  I have lots of memories from 2011.  Some of them hard and heartbreaking, but those have definitely been good experiences that have helped me grow.  Most of them are wonderful and make me feel so accomplished, because I did so much over this last year!

So just some tops of 2011:

My top song(s):
  • Domino by Jessie J. I only heard this one in September, but it flew to the top of my most played list on itunes.  Makes me dance in my car every time.  Not kidding.
  • Next2You by Chris Brown with Justin Bieber.  Yes.  Love them both, and combined, this song came in a close second.  Love.
  • Angel by Cody Simpson followed in third.  Cody Simpson might be my fun discovery of 2011.  He is young and fun and great to dance to.  Angel is where I get most of my great lines, like, most of the ones mention at this post.  "You're the jam, baby, I'm the toast.  It's so sweet when we're together."  Don't worry, he has plenty of good one liners.
Top food:
  • Chicken.  Not just any type of chicken, but chicken strips.  I ate a whole lot of chicken this year.  I would crave protein and chicken is just my favorite.  I have no idea why I craved it so much.  The sad truth is though, that I have really cut back on my chicken intake the last little bit...I miss it
 Top movies: This is a hard one, because I love movies...
  • Rio - best one to watch with my students.  They know all of the words and the soundtrack is the greatest for our dance parties.
  • Thor - Cami and I saw this in St. George.  He be fine = super fun to watch on the big screen.
  • Hugo - just came out around Thanksgiving and I wish people enjoyed it like I had.  We went with a very large group to see it and most weren't so impressed.  I LOVED it.  A lot. Original plot.  Good characters.  Beautiful cinematography.  I really enjoyed it.
Top book:
  • The Help by Kathryn Stockett.  I really don't read as much as I would like (it's one of my new year's resolutions), but this one was sooooo good.  You love the characters.  You laugh with them, cry with them, and feel their fear.  Absolutely recommend it. 
Top TV show:
  • Friday Night Lights.  No doubt about it, I loved this one.  I got way hooked on this one this summer and finished all four seasons in a ridiculously short amount of time.
Now to the fun stuff.  I did a lot this year, especially when it came to traveling.  Constant road trips here and there.  Some favorites were:
  • LA for the NBA All-Star game to visit Aubrey in February
  • Vegas for the MWC Tournament in March
  • A cruise through the Mexican Riviera with Cami in April
  • Lake Powell TWICE this summer
  • Three visits to San Diego throughout the summer
  • Following the football team to Texas in September
  • Traveling to New York, Connecticut, and Boston in October to see Aubrey
  • Disneyland and San Marcos right before Christmas with Cami



Now, that is not bad!  

I also started my second year at my school and earlier this year, I watched 5 of my 6th graders move on to middle school.  And this school year has been fantastic.

I hiked Timp.

I was all up in the action of Jimmer's final season at BYU.

I taught my first summer school class.

Kelsey got married!

I moved home...looking for a place though, so if you hear anything, let me know.  I really can't decide if I want to go back to Provo (it would have to be south Provo) or stay here in Draper, so anything helps.


2011 was good to me.

4 comments:

President and Sister Livingstone said...

glad I got to see some of your "action" this year. You are an amazing young woman and I"m glad that we can be friends--even if it is only texting friends at the basketball/football games, etc. I hope that 2012 will be the very most fulfilling, exciting, wonderful and cherished year of your life---so far! ! !

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
aubrey said...

i lOVED this post!! so good! happy new year lady. xo!

Janae said...

So fun, Tati! I love seeing how upbeat and happy you are on your blog...seriously. I have a roommate getting married in April if you want to come to Pleasant Grove! :) We need some more fun people to party with! I hope things went well getting back to school today!