Monday, January 30, 2012

baby boy

Alyse is the very first friend I remember having in my life.  Lucky for me, she is still in my life!  I could go on and on about all of our memories and adventures.  Our families did everything together.  Then that day came when the Thorks moved to San Diego...but the minute Alyse and I could drive, she was coming down to see me and I was always going up to visit her.  My friends became her friends and her friends became my friends.


I really enjoyed going through all of my pictures to find these.  We have so many pictures of us making the same faces.  She is such a huge part of my life!  Even now, I am finding more and more pictures I could add to this collage.

In May of 2008, Alyse married Chad.  We didn't think that I was going to make it to their wedding - to read that story, visit here.  Chad is perfect for her and has become one of my good friends too - exactly how a girl hopes her best friends husband will be.


Loved this day.

Then, a few years later and more currently, she told me she was pregnant.  It was right before Kelsey's wedding and I remember the first time I saw her after she called with the exciting news.  We were waiting for Kelsey and Scott to come out of the temple.  I got teary eyed seeing her, knowing that my best friend was going to have a baby. That was more than 6 months ago...

And this morning (at 2:00 am to be exact) I get the following text: "It's baby time!!! You're almost an aunt."  Texts don't normally wake me up...but this one did!  And I could hardly sleep after that.  When I saw his picture this morning, I couldn't help but cry.  He is perfect.  So, guess who went to visit after work?!  That's right...me, Aunt Tati.


I am obsessed with him.  Have I told you how perfect he is?

So congratulations to the Bennetts!  I cannot wait to watch this little guy grow up.  

I love you guys so very much.  

No comments: