Thursday, January 19, 2012

Happy Birthday to my Mom

Earlier this school year I was meeting with my literacy cohort (maybe it was during new teacher training last year, I can't remember), but we always start with someone from the district reading us a short story that we can read to our kids.  Mars Needs Moms was one of the books that I can't forget.  I am not sure how I had never read it before, but it is such a sweet book.  Recently it has become a movie, one that I watched just a few Sundays ago.  Both the book and movie got me a little teary eyed.  I am so grateful for my mom.


This post is mostly about how wonderful my mom is and...

TO CELEBRATE HER BIRTHDAY!!

As I was thinking about what I wanted to write in this post, I was walking to change my laundry.  Guess what?  As I was walking into the laundry room, mom was walking out with my clean clothes draped over her arm.  Then tonight, she made me dinner.  Every morning she will make me a smoothie.  (We are doing a little healthy eating together.  6 meals a day is a little hard for me to prep and she is so good to help me!) It is amazing all the little things she does for me and my siblings that just went unnoticed when I was a kid.  Moving back home has really opened my eyes to all the little things that I took for granted.

My mom is my best friend.  She always has been. 


She supports me in everything that I do.  She has never doubted the things that I can accomplish.  She has pushed me to always give it my all.  She listens to all of my crazy stories and she very obviously will do anything to help me and keep me from pain.

We always have so much fun together.  I love when she laughs at her own jokes.  She is very funny.  So sweet.  Kind.  Selfless.  Just wonderful.

Once we were playing charades, well we play a lot, but one time in particular...she was really funny.

Did I mention that my mom is beautiful?

Here she is (on the right) with Michelle and Lyman.  Such a cute girl.

Wish you could see all of this picture.  Her hair goes all the way down her back.  I could probably write a whole post on how amazing my mom's hair is.  People always comment on it and I remember all of my friends growing up thought my mom's hair was the prettiest.  We all wanted long, curly hair...

Mom and Dad at Kelsey's wedding.  She is still beautiful!

I love spending time with her.  Growing up, I loved when she would ask me to come with her to the grocery store.  Once I left for BYU, I would call her every time I went shopping just because I loved that time with my mom.

We are real cool.

I love my mom.  I don't know how I got so lucky.  I don't have her curly, beautiful, thick hair, but I like to think I got her humor, her smarts, her dance moves, and her big heart.  I look up to her, not even just that, I aspire to be like her.

No comments: