Tuesday, June 14, 2011

There's no place like home.

So I know my family has been living in Utah for almost a year now, but I will always call San Marcos home.

Porter and I drove down together yesterday. The boy really slept for at least half of the drive, but when we got off ob Deer Springs Road, he just could not stop smiling. There is something therapeutic about visiting your home. There is this overwhelming sense of joy. It is beautiful.

Yesterday I got to spend time with Jackie and Joe at the beach. Jackie and I then ate at my favorite Mr. Taco. Delicious. I spent some time with some family best friends, the McMasters. Today I have visited my lovely anthropologie. It's crazy how I don't mind going places on my own here. I feel a certain confidence in knowing this area better than any other place I have lived. After shopping I sat at moonlight beach, ate Mexican with Joe, and have made it to my favorite little beach in Carlsbad. I have seen dolphins in the water. Gosh, I love this.

No comments: