Tuesday, June 21, 2011

My men



As everyone knows, Father's day was on Sunday, and for most of you who don't know, my baby brother's birthday is today.

In honor of both of them, let me tell everyone a little story from Sunday...

Let me preface this story: Dad has been talking about these great Holesom longboards that a friend of his from high school was making. Of course Porter wanted one for his birthday, and I don't blame him, they look really neat!  Apparently dad had tried buying one, but told Porter that they were on backorder for 6 months.

Now here is where the fun begins: We got back from church on Sunday and it is time for dad to open his Father's Day gifts.  Everyone gives dad his cards and then there is a huge box for him to open.  Inside it there is a Holesom board with hot pink wheels.  According to mom, she was able to find a board for dad through some special contacts.  Lucky dad.  Porter did not think this was too fair.



After dinner, Porter was still being a grump.  Sort of still trying to be happy for dad, but still really confused as how dad would accept that last Holesom board as a gift and leave him hanging.  We were getting ready for dessert when we decided that while everyone was home, we should sing happy birthday to the Porter boy.  As we are signing, a Holesome board magically appears.

Turns out dad is a big joker, but he never forgets to show us how much he loves us.



So to the wonderful men/boy in my life, I love you both.  I couldn't ask for a better dad or brother.  You two are the face of the Thorkelson family.  Because of you guys, everyone loves us.  Because of you two, no one ever stops laughing in our house. You guys are quite the pair, the dynamic duo, and my favorites.  I love you.

1 comment:

thorkgal said...

I wish there was a "like" button to be pushed. Consider it pushed. :)