Saturday, April 2, 2011

teaching love

Lately work has been really busy...like REALLY busy and it is only going to get BUSIER until school gets out.  Fun.  I love being stressed out and I am sooo good at it!

But, can I just, again, tell you how much I love my job.  These kids really "complete" me - I think that more than anything they fulfill my life, they give me purpose and they fill me with complete and absolute love.  How many people can say that about their job?

Sure, I have to put a whole lot into work - I have 11 students, their parents, with sooo much paper work for each kid and that makes me really miss some good quality time with them.  Behavior issues (attitude, problems with compliance, emotional to the max! etc...) and the occassional messy pants or "sour stomach".  I have escape artists.  Goof balls.  Tired kids who would rather just sleep in class.  Screaming.  Stomping.  I get a whole range of super amazing to really hard in any given day.

I think the hard things in my line of work make it all the more wonderful.  I always get to see so much good in everyday and no matter how stinky my classroom is or how loud we are, there is a special feeling of love and joy in my class.

I love love love teaching special education.

1 comment:

thorkgal said...

Wow... life exists beyond sports. Good for you.