Friday, March 25, 2011

sad. i am sad.

soooo sad.

BYU lost last night in overtime.  I wasn't even nervous about the game and then it started and we just struggled to keep up the entire game.



Well, BYU Basketball -
I have loved this season!  I am sad it is over, but I would be sad no matter when it ended and we sure had a good run.  I still think we should have won last night - there were some terrible calls and we were the better team, but sometimes I just felt that Florida wanted it more.
I gave so much to this season and I have loved it, but it has taken its toll on me...physically, emotionally, and mentally.  It is amazing how much I put into making sure that I was sitting front row to watch you guys play and then figuring things out so that I could follow you to Vegas and it is amazing that I was able to successfully teach at the same time!  I would do it for this season all over again, but here is my sad news...I think this was my last season of camping out.  It was a wonderful four year run of sleeping in tents for the entire basketball season.  When I started putting up a tent, it was only 2 or 3 nights before game, but look what we have started!  Tents are up a week before and you easily get 100+ tents the night before.  Insane!



Thank you for all the fun memories and silly pictures and fun adventures.  Thank you for my basketball crushes: Burgess, Lloyd, Archie, Cummard, Keena Young!, Lamont(I still am getting over Lamont!)  Oh and of course I have loved Jimmer.  I have seen him play all four years and I almost feel more like a mother...proud to see that he has done so well and always think he just looks so adorable out there and worrying when he gets hurt or when I see him upset.  Proud that we both bleed blue.  Proud that he represents BYU so well. 


But, most of all, I have to thank you, BYU basketball,  for helping me unite with fellow fans that have become good friends.  I love them.  Melanie and I met through basketball.  Yes, we were in the same ward, but I think basketball really brought us together!  Rosie and Josh are the world's greatest, sweetest couple and I love spending time with them.  Eric and Holly have gone through so much as a young married couple and they constantly amaze me.  Brittany and Brady are so fun!  I love dancing with Brittany and they are great to laugh with.  Eric and Brady are the original boys that Aubrey and I made friends with when we put our tent up behind them.  That camping experience was one of my favorite.  Robby.  Robby. Robby.  He created our home at the Marriott.  He organized everything and I feel like I owe my basketball exprience to him!  Trent, he is a big deal, that's all I have to say :)  Jeff - my favorite friend that I made this year.  Of course there is Preston, but he had his marketing internship this season and that kept him on the court, doing cool things for most of the games - but he is why I have my sports pass and he is one of my favorites to watch basketball with. 


So I love you BYU Basketball and I always will.  It was hard accepting that I am done running down the stairs of the Marriott for front row seats or trying to figure out my schedule so that I can stay at our tent for a few hours here and there.  I will miss being that crazy fanatic - but on we go to Cougar Club seats (weird that I can do that!).

Love forever and always,
  A true blue fan






2 comments:

Brady and Brittany said...

Bitter sweet!! It was such a fun season!

aubrey said...

ok is it pathetic that i am in tears after reading that post?!?! seriously, that just about summed up our byu career. we spent more time in/outside of the marriott center than we did in the library. almost... such good pictures

ps i forgot you had a picture w/ jimmer at graduation. you're a total babe!!!