Sunday, March 6, 2011

Kelly Marie

I don't normally do Happy Birthday posts for my friends, but I have been thinking about Kelly a lot recently.

Today is her birthday.  She has been a huge part of my life.  The Larsens moved to San Marcos and the fabulous TOV ward my freshman year of high school.  We became best friends almost immediately.  I remember the first thing we did together, me, Lauren, and Kelly...we watched Chasing Papi at the San Marcos theater (such a good movie by the way!) and it was a total blast.

I have more memories than I can count with Kelly.  We spent countless nights at Killer Pizza From Mars.  Many nights toilet-papering our favorite twins in San Marcos.  One priceless night locked out of a car in Emerald Heights.  A whole season of swim team... My first day spent in LA and the greatest concert of my life (Kelly, do you still have pictures from that day?  My computer crashed like three times over the course of my time at BYU and I lost them at one point. Sad). One night making a music video to Say Something by Mariah Carey and meeting friends that have stayed close to me every since.  A summer of lifeguarding.  Death Cab for Cutie on the beach while drinking all of Kelsey's cranberry juice.  Mae concert. One Easter spent together and getting eggs full of black jelly beans.  Football my freshman year (so which color are we?).  Getting lost hike back from Stewart falls.  Learning Madonna dances. Getting into all sorts of trouble...so much fun!

She got married in March of '09 and is my first friend to be expecting a baby!  The little boy is coming to us in April and I am so excited!













Well, Kelly, I want to get this to you before your birthday is over.  I have been looking through picture after picture to find the right ones to put up.  Happy birthday.  I love you.  I love you so much.  I can't wait to be an aunt to your lucky boy and I am so grateful for you and the influence you have been in my life.  I am glad that we have made it through the ups and downs of life together and I look forward to everything we have left to experience.  I love you.

No comments: