Wednesday, March 16, 2011

the joys of special ed

I came across this amazing blog called Autism - Day by Day.  She is a single mother raising two kids, one of which has autism.  I don't remember how I found it, but she goes through so much and stays so positive, it is absolutely amazing to me!  I am often in awe at the parents of my students, just as I am in awe of Donna.

She wrote a post yesterday that made me so happy.  Read it.  It is one of my favorite things that I see in my classroom.  It is something I didn't see much at my high school growing up, but something I wish I can someday bring to my home.  It is all over Utah.  My kids are so cool at school!  I loved seeing it last year and it is just as great this year.

I have the world's greatest job and I think I forget that from time to time.  It is hard, don't get me wrong.  I get stressed and worn and pulled and torn, but I teach kids who change the lives of everyone they meet.  They have definitely changed mine.  They even change hearts, soften them, make them grow bigger than we thought our hearts could get!  It takes someone really special to have the power to change a person's heart.  I love them.

No comments: