Thursday, April 21, 2011

Sound of San Marcos

On Saturday, Cami and I drove to San Diego before heading to Long Beach for the cruise.  We spent the night in San Marcos...waking up to those old familiar sounds was wonderful.  The following is a bit of what I wrote in my journal (and yes, a post all about the cruise and our adventures is in process, don't you worry) :

Cami and I leave on our cruise today.  I am so excited - it is something I really need.  Some time to clear my brain, relax, and then think some more.

We stayed in San Marcos last night.  We met up with Carly and Joe and had so much fun.  Mr. Taco for dinner and it was better than I remembered!  Then we went to Elephant Bar for dessert.  Cami and I were very exhausted...This put Cami in a hilarious mood!  Oh she was hilarious.  Carly is my San Marcos girl, my best friend, and a ray of sunshine in my life.  Then there's Joe and I will always love that boy.

This morning Cami and I woke up at 7:15.  What a way to start our first day of spring break, a time when we can actually sleep in!  We don't leave for Long Beach until 11:30 so we watched a movie (Center Stage!) ha.  After the movie we were going to take a nap, but I heard familiar San Marcos noises.  I am sitting in the DeBruyn's backyard, enjoying the chirping of spring birds.  There isn't just one chirp, but more like 7 - some singing, others squawking, all wonderful.  The cockadoodledoo from the neighbor's roosters.  An occasional bark in the distance.  A croak from a nearby frog.  The sound of a car as it rolls around the bend in Richland and down past the DeBruyn's.  A plane humming as it flies by.  Neighbor kids playing next door.  Then the sun just adds so much happiness to all of these noises.

Oh San Marcos, how I have missed you!


1 comment:

Cami said...

ha! I was so completely ridiculously hyper/tired that night. I forgot about that for a moment, until just now. I'm sorry you had to see me like that ;)